Compact and Powerful
The 6LF engine is a compact and powerful common rail diesel engine, perfect for planing and semi-planing vessels, both recreational and light duty commercial. Controlled by the YANMAR VC20 system, it expands YANMAR brand’s line with higher horsepower, providing the largest common rail, electronically managed marine diesel line-up in the industry.
The YANMAR 6LF meets EPA Tier 3 and EU RCD Stage 2 emissions regulations while also providing a wide range of fuel compatibility to meet requirements for various government service applications.
The 6LF has been customized with YANMAR’s proprietary fuel mapping and a larger mixing elbow for reliable and consistent output performance. It is custom engineered to offer direct connectivity to NMEA and J1939 CAN-bus networks. It comes available with a number of standard and optional features, including single- and 2-pole installation, various ZF gears, and custom secondary alternator options to meet nearly any complex application.
- Suitable for large superyacht tenders, planing and semi-planing motoryachts up to 55ft, and light-duty commercial vessels
- High power, low weight, and compact installation creating a high power density of 82 mhp/L for the 550 mhp model
- Controlled by YANMAR VC20 Vessel Control System
- Complements the largest common rail recreational and light duty commercial diesel engine line-up
- Exceeds EPA Tier 3 and EU RCD Stage 2 emissions regulations
- Available in 3 output models – 485, 530, 550 mhp
- A proven solution for jet and shaft drives
- Controlled electronically by YANMAR VC20 Vessel Control System, for 3 engines with up to 4 stations
- Custom YANMAR fuel mapping and mixing elbow & bracket for reliable performance output
- Custom YANMAR gear box configuration to reduce vibration and increase efficiency
- Custom engine packaging for efficient installation
- Certified for recreational and light duty commercial applications*
- *Please note, the 6LF550 is not EPA Commercial certified.
|Rated Output||356 kW / 485 mhp|
|Rated Speed||3000 rpm|
|Displacement||6.728 L / 411 cu. in|
|No. of cylinders||6 cylinders|
|Cylinder Bore x Stroke||104 mm x 132 mm / 4.10 in x 5.20 in|
|Configuration||In-line, 4-stroke, vertical, water-cooled diesel engine|
|Combustion system||Direct Injection, Bosch Common Rail System|
|Aspiration||Turbocharged & Intercooled|
|Alternator||12V - 90A, 24V - 70A|
|Dry weight without gear||780 kg / 1720 lbs|
|Dimensions||1519 mm x 893 mm x 881 mm|
|Certifications||RCD 2 IMO Tier 2 EPA Tier 3 EPA Tier 3C EMC|
For the latest manuals, product guides, spec sheets and more, please visit Yanmar Marine's product page.
The VC20 is YANMAR’s 2nd generation vessel control system that controls all YANMAR electronically managed engines. Featuring simplified electrical management, a high-quality appearance, and significant functional improvements, the next generation YANMAR VC20 Vessel Control System integrates with YANMAR’s complete line up of common rail engine series, transmissions, controls, and displays.
The VC20 is a J1939 based CAN bus system that has a dedicated network to each engine and comes standard with an emergency back-up panel, ensuring the highest reliability. With NMEA connections built in, the VC20 can connect easily to multiple other vessel accessories or systems.
The system was completely developed by YANMAR to meet the company’s high standards of quality and dependability. The VC20 controls all YANMAR engine and transmission function and shows engine alarms and diagnostic codes in the display.